Ice Skating Queensland Inc. is the peak governing body for figure skating Queensland, incorporating all figure skating disciplines of Single Skating, Pair Skating, Ice Dance, Synchronized Skating and Theatre on Ice.
There are currently seven affiliated clubs throughout Queensland, both in Brisbane and in the regional areas of the Gold Coast and Townsville.
Ice Skating Queensland is affiliated to Ice Skating Australia www.isa.org.au
If you would like to try Figure Skating as a sport or if you just want to get fit, Learn to Skate classes for all ages are available in most ice rinks throughout the State. For more information on Aussie Skate Classes, please go to www.iceworld.com.au
This is an update in respect of the Coronavirus outbreak. There is now a confirmed case in Queensland.
We are monitoring the situation closely and are following government advice. As a result, we are taking precautions to keep our people safe.
What to do if you have symptoms
According to the Australian Government’s Department of Health, you should immediately isolate yourself from others and seek medical attention if:
- you develop a fever, a cough, sore throat or shortness of breath, or
- come into contact with a person with confirmed coronavirus.
If you are in any doubt, please contact a medical practitioner immediately and DO NOT come attend the ice rinks until you have received medical clearance.
Please notify Keith or Jenny if you have any suspicion that you have symptoms of the virus or have come into contact with a person with confirmed coronavirus.
How to protect yourselves and others
Please be vigilant. If you show any symptoms consistent with coronavirus or believe you may have come into contact with someone exposed to the virus, please err on the side of caution. Do not come into the ice rinks, look after yourself and, if you are concerned, seek medical attention.
- Cover your mouth or nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing.
- Keep your hands away from your eyes, nose and mouth to prevent germs from spreading.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer. This will be available at both rinks.
- Avoid contact with someone who is showing signs of a respiratory illness like coughing and sneezing.
For further information about prevention, please see Health Direct Coronavirus fact sheet.
For the latest advice from the Australian Government on the coronavirus, please visit the Department of Health website.